The Richmond Volleyball Club is offering a Jumpin’ Juniors kids volleyball program for boys and girls between the ages of 7-14. Jumpin’ Juniors is designed to offer athletes who desire to play volleyball a fun and encouraging environment. Our program will focus on development and team concepts as opposed to winning. Offered three times a year, our fall, winter, and spring sessions will place all of our athletes on teams for skill instruction and team play.
SPRING 2023 JUMPIN’ JUNIORS KIDS VOLLEYBALL
6 WEEKS – $195 | AGES 7-14
Fridays AT STONEBRIDGE | SUNDAYS AT BYRDHILL
Winter Session Details: Registration Open January 30th
- Registration is open until the program is filled, or February 28, 2023 – whichever comes first
- Cost: $195
- The season will run March – April (6 sessions) – Specific dates below
- 3 time slots to choose from:
- Friday’s at RVC Stonebridge from 5:45 – 7:15 PM (200 Karl Linn Dr, North Chesterfield, VA 23225) – First Practice: March 3rd
- Sundays at RVC Byrdhill from 12:30-2:00 PM (2921 Byrdhill Rd, Henrico, VA 23228) – First Practice March 5th
- Sundays at RVC Byrdhill from 2:30-4:00 PM (2921 Byrdhill Rd, Henrico, VA 23228) – First Practice March 5th
- No try-outs: players placed on teams based on age
- Financial assistance available – CLICK HERE to learn more
- Each team is run by a parent volunteer. An RVC master coach will be available to help with practices and drills and provide instruction.
- Volunteer coaches needed – no experience necessary. If selected to coach, the child’s registration will be refunded after the season starts. (If interested, fill out the volunteer form when registering your player)
During each session, a new skill or aspect of the game will be introduced to players. The Master Coach will move from court-to-court demonstrating the skill. After some instruction and demonstrations, each parent volunteer Team Coach will have the players practice what they have just learned. Instruction includes learning skills such as passing, setting, hitting, serving, and court rotation. Throughout the season teams will also have the chance to play each other in games to help improve their skills even more.
- Fridays at Stonebridge: 3/3, 3/10, 3/17, 3/31, 4/7, 4/14
- Sundays at Byrdhill: 3/5, 3/12, 3/19, 3/26, 4/2 & 4/9
Team assignments are not compiled until registration is closed. We do our very best to have teams and coaches assigned 7 days prior to the first practice. Once teams are complete, you will receive an email from Sports Connect letting you know your team and court assignments.
Registration is not accepted without payment. Cancellations, after the program has started, are not eligible for refunds.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines
- Players will be screened by staff (or screened through an app)– we will ask about symptoms and exposure to others with symptoms. If you have symptoms or have been exposed to someone with symptoms, you will be asked to leave. If you wish to speed up the process, please open this link on your phone https://www.cdc.gov/screening/index.html, answer the questions, and display that you have passed to staff as you enter the building
- All players must wear masks while entering or exiting the building and at any time when they are not practicing or playing.
- All players should sanitize their hands and arms before and after playing. Sanitizer will be available for those who do not have their own.
- All players should bring a small towel or something similar to wipe their faces as necessary. Coaches will be reminding junior players to avoid touching their faces.
- We encourage all players to bring their own full water bottle to play/practice. We do have bottle filling stations available.
- Once screening is complete the athlete goes straight to the court he or she is assigned to.
- Junior players may enter the gym no more than 5 minutes before their practice time to comply with guidelines.
- Please do not bring any unnecessary equipment, backpacks, etc. into the gym. Per CDC guidelines, belongings should be kept separate. If you bring items in, please keep them separate from others.
- Parents who wish to stay and watch must wear a mask even if vaccinated. Those who do not comply will be asked to leave. We ask this because young children are not yet able to be vaccinated.
- During juniors’ practices, coaches will closely monitor players and require social distancing whenever possible, reminding players not to touch their faces, etc.
- Junior players should be picked up immediately after practice concludes. We must prepare the building for the next group of players that will be in the building.
- NO sharing water bottles.
Need Help Registering?
The PDF document below will give you step by step instructions on how to create a profile on Sports Connect (formerly named Blue Sombrero) and register for Jumpin’ Juniors.
Note: This system is for junior developmental programs only and will not be used for the 2020-2021 Junior Travel Season. Registration for Travel will be the same as last year.