Jump Up – Youth Recreational Volleyball
Spring Season Information – Program Full
Already played a couple of seasons of volleyball? Looking for a place to keep improving your skills but in a more fun and relaxed environment? Jump Up is the next step after Jumpin’ Juniors for players looking for a recreation level program without the time and cost commitment of a travel team. Practice sessions for this 8-week program are overseen by an RVC master coach with parent volunteer coaches running practices and drills for each team. The focus of this program will be on more advanced skill development with a couple of opportunities throughout the season to compete against the other Jump Up teams.
- Cost: $250 (includes t-shirt)
- Co-ed teams ages 12-17
- The season runs April 16 – June 12th (8 weeks)
- All sessions held at RVC Stonebridge (200 Karl Linn Dr, North Chesterfield, VA 23225)
- Practices on Fridays 7:15 -8:45PM
- No try-outs: players placed on teams based on age
- Financial assistance available – CLICK HERE to learn more
- Each team is run by a parent volunteer. An RVC master coach will be available to help with practices and demonstrate drills and provide support.
- Volunteer coaches needed – no experience necessary. If selected to coach, the child’s registration will be refunded after the season starts. (If interested, fill out the volunteer form when registering your player)
Practices: April 16, 23, 30, May 14, 21, June 4th
Game Days: May 8th & June 12th
Practice SESSION FORMAT:
During each session, a new skill or aspect of the game will be introduced to players. The Master Coach will move from court-to-court demonstrating the skill. After some instruction and demonstrations, each parent volunteer Team Coach will have the players practice what they have just learned. Instruction includes learning skills such as passing, setting, hitting, serving, and court rotation. Throughout the season teams will also have the chance to play each other in games to help improve their skills even more.
Need Help Registering?
The PDF document below will give you step by step instructions on how to create a profile on Sports Connect (our registration system for junior developmental programs) and register for Jump Up.Directions for Registering